Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Aquarium

       I used water source number two in my aquarium. This is the water from French Broad River, Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge, Kelly Lane , Knox Co. Tennessee. Partial shade exposure French Broad River Water Shed N35 56.742 W83 41.628 841 ft 10/13/2013 Cladophora sp. alga in family Cladophoraceae. (McFarland, 2013) I took water from the very bottom of the bowl so I could get the dirt down there so it would settle into the bottom of my aquarium. Then I took some water from the middle and then the very top to get a variety of organisms. Lastly, I placed two plants in my aquarium. The first was Amblestegium varium (Hedwig). This is a form of moss that grows in a natural spring in Carters Mill Park under partial shade exposure. The second plant was Utricularia gibba, a flowering and carnivorous plant. This is originally from Spain lake east of Sparta Tennessee and is grown in water tanks outside the Hesler biology building greenhouse. I found one organism that I have identified yet. It was very ant-like and ate around the Amblestegium varium.





















Bibliography.

McFarland, Kenneth [Internet] Botany 111 Fall 2013. [23 October 2013]. Available from http://botany1112013.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment